26 September 2013

On My Playlist...

This year has been an amazing year for music. New music from my favorite bands and rappers, as well as discovering new favorites, has rejuvenated my playlist. Check out some of my new favorites below:

Drake featuring Jay Z - Pound Cake/ Paris Morton Music 2



I loved Pound Cake from the second I heard Drake's leaked album lol. The samples, the beat, and two verses from one of my favorite rappers makes this a winner in my book.


Kilo  Kish- Navy



Kilo Kish is new to my iPod. A friend was introduced to her music and she in turn introduced me to her. This song is one of my favorites by her (with Goldmine running a close second). The beat is hypnotizing, and trying to decipher the meaning behind her lyrics (is she or is she not talking about sex?) will have you in your own little world.


The Weeknd - Love In The Sky



The Weeknd is back. This is one of my favorites off of his new album Kiss Land. With lyrics about drug usage and hypnotizing beat, it's clear that The Weeknd stuck to his usual formula when it came to making this song. However, I have no complaints about it. :)

Angus & Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane



I discovered this song through my work playlist. It would always come on at work and I always vibed to it. One day when I got off, I decided to download the song and I haven't stopped playing it since. It's infectious and mellow, an uncommon combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment