30 June 2013

The Lyftd Lyfe Fashion Show

I think life is all about the journey, about setting goals for yourself and taking the steps to achieve those goals. Well, last summer after The Goods Lyfe fashion show, I said that I would be working backstage/ styling at this year's fashion show. After exchanging a few e-mails with one of the coordinators behind the show, I was told that I would be able to work backstage!

I mainly worked on The Good's Clo's set. I had tons of fun but it was definitely a lot of pressure. I got to style in some pieces from The RAD! Shop and some of my friends came out to support which is always great!

I have already set a new goal for next year's fashion show! I'll definitely keep you guys posted on whether or not I achieve it.


Model Germel Silva rocking the The Goods Clo tee and The Bad Gal Skirt from The RAD! Shop which can be purchased here!

The story behind my outfit that night is funny. I had originally selected a cut-out dress to wear but I felt like it was a little too revealing for the fashion show. After one of my guy friends confirmed my suspicions with a round of good-natured, very explicit but still funny jokes, I decided to change. The problem was, I wasn't home and didn't have time to go home. So I ran to my trunk (which due to my photo shoots always has clothing and/or shoes in it) and selected this black jumpsuit. I put on tons of bracelets and cuffs to jazz up my left arm, pulled stacks of rings on my right hand and added a belt and this ended up looking like the outfit I had intended to wear all along. A last minute outfit that gets you tons of compliments? We have a winner!




Jumpsuit: Vintage
Belt: Atlanta Boutique
Shoes: Prabal Gurung for Target
Cuffs/Bracelets: Vintage and Forever 21
Pink Geometric Earrings: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment