04 August 2012

Pay It Forward

I don't think I really mentioned it too much on here but I won a 5-day apprenticeship with Tracy Reese through Coca-Cola!

On July 22nd I flew to NYC, stayed in the Westin in Times Square && worked a regular 9 to 5, Monday-Friday. I was extremely nervous as it was my first time in New York && I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I loved the atmosphere, the pace && of course the shopping! I could definitely see myself living there!

As an apprentice I got to help the design team prepare for fashion week, send off clothing to Tracy's other showrooms, help with the development of Tracy's Spring 2013 collections, sit in on fittings as well as other meetings && find out what each person on the design team did.

While in NYC I also got to spend time with my Tavie! She came from Pittsburgh to visit me! ^_^ we had tons of fun exploring the city && shopping in Soho! :D

Overall, I had a lot of fun, learned a lot && I'm sure that I'll find myself in New York again, sooner than I realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment