21 October 2012

It's So Important

"Dedicate yourself to the good you deserve && desire for yourself. Give yourself peace of mind. You deserve to be happy. You deserve delight." - Hannah Arendt

 The older I get the more I realize how important it is to be in touch with yourself, to take those few moments to yourself to reflect on how you feel, what's bothering you etc. I appreciate the little things so much more && I'm learning how to let things AND people go that no longer make me happy, or in other words, take away from my peace of mind.

Today I decided to go on a Twitter break. Twitter has become nothing but a bunch of bitter people crying about their failed relationships, how their life sucks, and I felt like that negativity was starting to affect me. So I deleted my Twitter app && immediately after I felt so free, like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

I don't know how long I will be taking a break from Twitter but I know that I'll be dedicating that time to growing as a person, making sure I get a 4.0 this semester, working on my brand and business, and basically just being productive.


No comments:

Post a Comment